Pea Salad With Bacon
Pea salad with bacon is a recipe my mother made for us growing up. If you don’t like mayonnaise you might want to skip this one. I know people are getting really good at substituting Greek yogurt but with this recipe- I’d stick to the mayonnaise. It’s exactly the perfect flavor profile for this salad! Homemade Mayonnaise Recipe
I really enjoy pea salad with bacon during the summer months. Freshly shucked peas, lettuce and vine ripened tomatoes straight from the garden. Yum, yum and YUM!
To make Pea Salad with Bacon
You will need peas, tomatoes, leaf lettuce, hard boiled eggs, bacon, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
Line a 6×6″ pan (or 8×8 will work too but you’ll want to double the recipe) with leaf lettuce. This acts as a “plate for the salad to sit on. It helps for serving later.
Mix the peas with the mayonnaise add to the dish and smooth to make a level surface.
Top with chopped bacon and sliced tomatoes.
Next, top with sliced eggs. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper.
Pop it in the refrigerator and let chill for a couple of hours to firm up.
Pea Salad with bacon will not hold a true form but you should be able to get easy scoops out of the dish.
This post will be partying @
What’s Cookin Wednesday
Full Plate Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
Mix It Up Monday
I hope you enjoy!
Thanks for reading!
- 16 oz fresh or thawed frozen peas
- 1/8 cup mayonnaise
- 3 large leaves of leaf lettuce
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, sliced into rings
- 1 Tablespoon Parmesan blend
- 2 hard boiled eggs sliced into rings
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Thaw or shuck the peas
- Mix the peas with the mayonnaise until evenly coated
- Line your dish with lettuce leaves
- Put the pea mixture on the leaves and gently level to make a flat surface
- Top pea mixture in layers starting with bacon, then tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan blend
- Top with eggs
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours
- Cut into 9 pieces
- The salad will be loose so don't be bummed if it doesn't hold its shape😀