Mini Pecan Pie Tassies
Mini Pecan Pie Tassies
I love a good Pecan Pie. It’s my favorite pie out there! My only problem is a pie slice sized portion is too much for me. In my youth I used to devour sweets with no problem. Now, being in my 40’s, I can only handle a little bit of sweet. I thought to myself, “I’d love a small pecan pie” and I went for it! Mini Pecan Pie Tassies to the rescue!
I searched online and found a simple recipe (The Joy Of Baking) consisting of a 5 ingredient filling. SOLD! (When I find a recipe online, I usually tweak it a little to make it mine! There were only minor adjustments made to this recipe!)
I had a leftover pie crust from when I made Sausage, Egg and Gruyere Breakfast Poppers.
All I needed was Pecans to make these delicious little pies all mine! Off to the store I went! The original recipe only calls for coarsely chopped pecans but I like the look of whole so I bought both!
I have never made a pecan pie before. Like I mentioned above, it’s too much! I felt confident that these were going to be exactly what I was craving.
To make Mini Pecan Pie Tassies:
Start by making your favorite crust (or buy a store bought crust).
Cut the crust into 1 1/2″ circles. This size fits great in the mini muffin pan.
You will need 24 circles.
Using a tart shaper (or your hands) place a crust into each well of a lightly greases mini muffin tin.
Next step will be to add 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped pecans to each crust.
Now it’s time to preheat the oven to 375°
To make the filling beat 3 room temperature eggs until blended. Add 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla and 4 Tablespoons melted butter. Mix well.
It is now time to fill the crust. Fill each crust almost full. Be careful not to overfill or the tassies will be stuck. After each crust is filled top with a whole pecan piece.
This filling will actually fill double the crusts. I was surprised by how much was left over! You can double the crust and pecans to make approximately 48. Freeze the remaining pies for later or you can check out my recipe for Caramel Pecan Pie Bars with Graham Cracker Crust.
The other option would be to half the filling recipe.
Bake these beauties for 10-15 minutes until crust is golden.
Let cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack and then release from pan.
Enjoy plain, with a chocolate drizzle or topped with whipped cream.
Thanks for reading!
- 1 Homemade or store bought pie crust , cut into  1 1/2" circles
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 Tablespoons melted butter, cooled to room temperature
- 1/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, whole pieces
- * optional- chocolate drizzle and/or whipped cream
- Cut the crust into 24 circles.
- Lightly spray mini muffin tin with cooking spray
- Insert crust into tin using a tart shaper or fingers.
- Fill each crust with 1/2 teaspoon of the finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Beat the eggs until blended
- Add the brown sugar, salt and vanilla
- Mix well
- Pour the egg mixture into each mini crust being careful not to overfill.
- Top each crust with 1 whole pecan piece.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until crust has started to brown
- Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes before releasing from pan
- Serve with a chocolate drizzle and or whipped cream
- This recipe makes extra filling. You can double the crust and pecans to make 48 tassies and freeze for later.