Easy Beef Pot Pie
Easy beef pot pie
Welcome to fall and comfort food!
I am a sucker for pot pie! But…. I have a real issue with soggy crust.☹️ This makes it difficult to find a pot pie that I can enjoy! I have found that I can make a family sized pot pie by really cooking the bottom crust before filling with this hearty beef mixture. I also found if I don’t use quite as much gravy inside this really helps with the anti-sog effect.😀
I have made pot pie using hash browns for the crust and that is pretty amazing too!
This recipe seems to have the whole family on board which is hard to do!
Every Time I make this for my family they devour it! It must be delicious if I am not packing up leftovers! Right!?!?Beef Pot Pie. Packed full of veggies and brown gravy in a crisp and flaky crust! Click To Tweet
Here’s how I make this Easy Beef Pot Pie
I start by baking the bottom crust following the instructions on a pre-made crust. Or make your own!
Next, brown the ground beef with cubed potatoes, cubed carrots, yellow onions, salt and pepper.
After the beef is cooked and the veggies are tender, drain the beef mixture. Now it’s time to add the frozen peas and corn.
Sauté 2-3 minutes over medium heat to just heat the frozen vegetables. Now add the brown gravy to evenly coat the beef mixture.
Next fill the pre-baked crust with the beef mixture.
The final step is add the top crust and bake until the top crust is golden and the filling is piping hot.
Prior to baking you can make any design in the crust or simply use the fork prongs to vent.
I’m not a pastry chef by any means but a simple design added some character to the pie.
I hope you enjoy this Easy Beef Pot Pie!
Thanks For reading!
- 2 store bought crusts or you can make your favorite crust recipe
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 cup cubed potato, approximately 1/4" squares
- 1/2 cup cubed carrots, approximately 1/4" squares
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup canned or frozen corn
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup brown gravy
- Place in a 8-9" pie pan and follow the baking directions on the box
- If making from scratch bake as directed making sure the bottom crust is golden brown before filling.
- In large pan brown the ground beef with potatoes, carrots, onions, salt and pepper until beef is cooked and veggies are tender.
- Return to pan and add the peas and corn sauté over medium heat until the frozen veggies have warmed
- Mix in the brown gravy
- Fill pre-cooked bottom crust
- Top pie with second uncooked crust
- Crimp top crust to bottom crust
- Cut a design or prick with a fork to allow the pie to vent while baking
- Bake according to the pie crust package until top crust is golden brown
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving