Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies High Altitude Recipe
Ohhhh warm dark chocolate chip cookies how I love thee!
I am a sucker for a soft cookie. There is something about a fresh, right off the baking sheet cookie that makes me happy! I love to “sneak” a cookie right away to do my personal quality check.😉
After making this batch of Dark Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe For High Altitude, I’m hooked! They are so soft (and they stay soft too) they don’t flatten like a lot of recipes do at high altitude and the dark chocolate is a superb addition.
If any of you live in a high altitude situation then you know there are extra challenges to baking. I have had my share of baking disasters because of it.
The link above is to King Arthur Flour. They have put together some high altitude baking guidelines that should help you make some delicious baked goods despite the altitude.
Back to the cookies. These are seriously a delectable treat. The last batch I made 2 dozen and froze the remaining batter thinking 4 dozen is way too many for my family of four. Boy was I WRONG! A mere three days later…..I pulled the frozen dark chocolate chip cookie dough out of the freezer and baked the last two batches! Needless to say, they were quickly gobbled up.
This is, in my opinion, the best cookies I have ever made! Check out the recipe below. Trust me you will be hooked too!😍
Start by mixing together the dough.
Next, scoop dark chocolate chip cookies by rounded tablespoons onto non-stick or parchment lined cookie sheets.
Bake in 375° oven for 8-10 minutes until edges start to brown.
Cool on cookie sheets for 1-2 minutes before moving to wire racks. This lets the cookie firm up a bit before moving to the cooling racks.
After cooling on the wire racks for 2-3 minutes, transfer to an airtight container. Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies can be stored for several days and remain soft if stored properly.
Now it’s time to get your cookie on! YUM!
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have another batch of Dark Chocolate Chip Cookies to bake!🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪
Do you have a favorite high altitude recipe you would like to share? Post a link below I’d love to try it! In the mood for oatmeal? Check out my Cowboy Scotchies!
Come check out more fun links @
Thanks for reading!
- 2 1/2 cups flour + 2 teaspoons water added to the flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- In small bowl mix flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In Large bowl beat the butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and vanilla until creamy.
- Add eggs and beat until smooth.
- Gradually add the flour mixture mixing well after each addition until dough forms.
- Mix in dark chocolate chips.
- Spoon cookie dough by tablespoons onto non-stick cookie sheets or parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- Place cookies in two rows of four to avoid over crowding the cookies.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes until the edges start to brown.
- After removing from oven let rest for 1-2 minutes on the cookie sheet to allow cookie to firm up.
- Then transfer to wire racks for 2-3 minutes.
- Store cookies in an air tight container.