Crock Pot Chicken Chili
Who’s ready for a great summertime Chicken Chili? This Crock Pot Chicken Chili is great to take to pot lucks, chili cook-offs or just serve for dinner!
My husband and I love a good Chicken Chili. (He didn’t know this until I whipped up a batch. At first he actually turned his nose at the thought!). He really loves the heavy cold weather chili packed full of rich tomato and kidney beans.
See my post on Spicy Crock Pot Chili
I placed the bowl in front of him and I’m pretty sure he never came up for air until he stood up, walked over to the crock pot and served himself a second bowl. All while saying “Wow! That’s better than I expected!”
This Chicken Chili recipe is a little bit lighter with diced tomatoes, cannelloni and black beans. It is perfect for that busy summer night that leaves you with no time to cook. Crock Pots can save you! Literally dump all the ingredients in, stir and walk away for 6-8 hours. Head to the pool or on a long hike or bike ride come home to a seriously fragrant house. Smile because you know all you have to do is pull out the garnishes and dinner is served! That is such a rewarding feeling after an exhausting day!
Crock Pot meals are one of my favorite things. Life is so busy that 10 minutes prep time in the morning (when the house is quiet) is all I need to provide a delicious meal for my family.
Every year around Christmas our cul-de-sac has a chili cook-off. The name of the game is you have to show up. If you don’t, you are crowned the automatic loser and host of next years cook-off. I think I’ll make the chicken chili next year to stand out as different and seal the deal for not losing! ( 🤗 We have yet to lose!)
Again, “dump” all the ingredients for the Chicken Chili into a crock pot and stir.
Go play. Come home to this!
Light and spicy, hearty and delicious!
I hope you enjoy Crock Pot Chicken Chili as much as we do!
Try garnishing with sour cream, cheddar cheese and cilantro for the perfect bowl!
Don’t forget the tortilla chips!
Bowl full of yum!
I’m bringing this recipe to Fiesta Friday come see other great links too!
Thanks for reading!
- 1 pound chicken breast, cubed
- 1 (14.5oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15.5oz) can black beans in chili sauce
- 1 (15.5oz) can cannellini beans in chili sauce (or any white bean in chili sauce)
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 (8oz) can chopped jalapeños, spicy
- 1 (8oz) can chopped green chilies
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon cayenne
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- Lightly spray crock pot with cooking spray.
- Turn crock pot to low heat.
- Add chicken, tomatoes, black beans, cannellini beans, onion, jalapeños, green chilies and spices to crock pot.
- Stir well.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low heat or 3-4 hours on high heat.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Try sour cream, cheddar cheese and cilantro toppers.
- Serve with tortilla chips or corn bread.