Spicy Chipotle Pulled Pork
Have you ever had Chipotle Pulled Pork? Oh my gosh….Holy Hot…..Holy good!
My hubby is the fella that got me loving spice. He loves to feel his endorphins racing from the spices. He got this from his mother! She would say this dish was “medium spice” at best. Let me give you a small picture of how she eats her pizza.
Crazy huh! It’s true- this woman is a spice warrior! I have never seen anything like it in my life! She is the sweetest woman you will ever meet, you’d never think she is so tough until you see her eat crazy spicy food! My eyes water at the thought of even smelling the food she eats!You might cry....but it's worth it! Holy Hot Chipotle Pulled Pork. Hurt your friends tonight! Yum! Click To Tweet
For the average person, this recipe for Chipotle Pulled Pork is…holy hot!
You are going to start with the rub for your Chipotle Pulled Pork. I used a 2 pound pork shoulder.
For The Rub
1 Tablespoon light brown sugar, 2 teaspoons salt, 2 teaspoons garlic powder, 1 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard, 3 teaspoons chili powder. Give them a good mix and rub all over the pork shoulder.
Lightly coat your slow cooker with cooking spray. Place rubbed pork into the slow cooker. Cook the pork shoulder in the slow cooker for 7-8 hours on low heat. When the pork is almost finished cooking, mix the chipotle sauce.
For The Sauce
Mix together 8 oz Tomato sauce, 4 canned chipotle peppers ( packed in adobo sauce) chopped, 2 tablespoons of the adobo sauce.
When the pulled pork is done cooking, shred with two forks. Return to slow cooker and add the chipotle sauce. Mix well
Cook for 1 hour longer.
Toast your favorite bun (I used onion buns) and top with the Holy Hot Chipotle Pulled Pork.
*Optional- top with melted cheese and/or sliced avocado.
If you like it hot, this is the dish for you! It is really easy to tame the spice level by cutting the chipotle peppers and adobo sauce in half. (Or 1/4 for mild spice)
If you have any leftovers it is great in chili or try in Hawaiian Jalapeño Poppers! 😀
Thank you for reading!
I hope you enjoy!
- 2 pound pork shoulder
- 1 Tablespoon light brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 8 oz Tomato Sauce
- 4 canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Adobo Sauce, from the canned chipotle peppers
- Toasted buns
- Sliced avocado
- Monterey Jack cheese
- Mix the brown sugar, salt, garlic powder, mustard and chili powder.
- Rub the spice blend over entire surface of the pork shoulder.
- Lightly coat your slow cooker with cooking spray. Place rubbed pork into the slow cooker. Cook the pork shoulder in the slow cooker for 7-8 hours on low heat. When the pork is almost finished cooking, mix the chipotle sauce.
- When the pork is tender, remove from the slow cooker and place on a cutting board
- Shred the pork by pulling apart with two forks.
- Return to the slow cooker
- Add the sauce
- Stir well
- Cook an additional hour
- Toast buns (this helps to ensure the bun won't get soggy)
- Top with pork
- *optional- top with sliced avocado, Monterey Jack cheese a squirt of lime and a garnish of cilantro