Ready for Chilled Spinach Dip?
I hope all is well in your neck of the woods.
Have you been asked to a potluck or are you hosting the party?
Well, I have the perfect dip for you!
Chilled Spinach Dip!
Knorr makes a delicious vegetable seasoning packet. They have this recipe right on the back!
The only problem is, I had to tweak it just a smidge.
Their recipe is delicious but I like a little more spinach and a little less mayonnaise.
They say serve with vegetables or chips but I prefer French Bread!
I really do enjoy this dip with Tortilla Chips, super yummy, but the presentation of the bread is really great.
Find your perfect loaf, not too crunchy but a little crunch is good.
To make Chilled Spinach Dip you will need:
20oz frozen spinach cooked, squeezed and fluffed.
16oz sour cream
3/4 cup mayonnaise
10oz chopped water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
3 green onions, chopped
1 package Knorr Vegetable recipe mix
Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl.
Mix well and refrigerate for 2 hours minimum to let the dehydrated vegetable mix rehydrate.
While the dip is chilling it’s time to prepare the bread.
Cut a “bowl” out of 1/2 of the loaf by removing the top and inside and leaving the sides and bottom.
Add your filling to the bread bowl.
Now chop up the bread you removed from the bowl into bite sized pieces.
On the other half of the loaf score the bread both horizontally and vertically to create easy pieces for the guests to pull off and dip.
Serve and enjoy!
I hope you love Chilled Spinach Dip as much as we do!
Thanks for reading!
- 20 oz frozen spinach, squeezed dry and fluffed
- 16 oz sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 10 oz water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 3 green onions
- 1 package Knorr Vegetable recipe mix
- French bread bowl, vegetables or tortilla chips for dipping
- Cook spinach as directed.
- Let spinach cool in strainer.
- Finely chop the water chestnuts
- Chop the green onions
- Drain and squeeze the spinach dry.
- When spinach is squeezed, you will need to fluff it by separating it.
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours minimum.
- Serve in a bread bowl or with chips and/or vegetables
- Hint: substitute the sour cream for yogurt for a lighter dip