Caramel Pecan Bars
Caramel Pecan Bars
Looking for a quick and easy dessert recipe?
Caramel Pecan Bars are a must!Caramel Pecan Bars are a rich and delicious recipe. Jazzed up Pecan Pie. Great for anytime you need a… Click To Tweet
I created this recipe because I made Mini Pecan Pie Tassies and the recipe I followed left me with a bunch of extra filling. I didn’t want to waste it so I needed to come up with something fast.
I didn’t have any more crust so I knew I needed a quick and easy crust. Graham Cracker Crust is awesome with any dessert! Luckily I had 4 full Graham crackers in my pantry.
I had bought some fancy caramels that were so sweet and sticky I’ve been dreaming up recipes to used them up in and Caramel Pecan Bars are perfect!
I had the remaining filling and pecans from the Tassies so I was set there.
Lastly I had some leftover chocolate ganache from a French Macaron recipe I recently made.
My check list is complete!
Chocolate Dizzle ✅
Looks like I’m ready to make these delicious bars!
Note* The step by step is for a 6″x6″ pan. The recipe card below if for the full 9″x 11″ pan.
To make Caramel Pecan Bars With Graham Cracker Crust:
Make a simple Graham cracker crust consisting of Graham cracker crumbs and melted butter.
Take 4 full Graham crackers and crush into crumbs. Mix with 3 Tablespoons of melted butter and press evenly on the bottom and 1/2 way up the sides of a 6″x6″ baking dish.
Add 12 caramels
Sprinkle with 1/8 cup finely chopped pecans.
Pour filling over top (see recipe below * note the step by step only requires 1/2 the recipe of filling where as the recipe card below is for the full recipe)
Place 1/4 cup whole pecan pieces evenly over the top
Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes
Look at those caramel volcanoes that irrupted! 😜 Let cool to set for about 20 minutes.
Slice and serve with a chocolate drizzle.
These would be delicious with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream too!
Thanks for reading!
- 8-9 full graham crackers, crumbled
- 6 Tablespoons melted butter
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 cup whole pecan pieces
- Optional- chocolate drizzle, vanilla ice cream or whipped cream
- Crush the gram crackers to make crumbs
- Stir with 6 tablespoons of melted butter until crumbs are moist
- Press into bottoms and sides of 9"x12" baking dish
- Top with 24 pieces of caramel evenly spaced.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup of finely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Beat 3 eggs until blended
- Add light brown sugar, salt and vanilla to the eggs and mix well
- Pour into prepared crust
- Top evenly with the whole pecan pieces
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until filling is semi-firm.
- Remove from oven and cool for 20 minutes
- Slice and serve with chocolate drizzle, vanilla ice cream and/or Chocolate drizzle