Homemade No-Cook Chunky Salsa
Who loves SALSA? I DO! Chunky Salsa!
I love using fresh vegetables from the garden in my Homemade No-Cook Chunky Salsa.
Last years harvest left us with a tomato frenzy. We had so many we were giving them away! Then we got smart and started experimenting with chunky salsa. This recipe for Homemade No-Cook Chunky Salsa is sooooo yummy (I make atleast 1 batch every 2 weeks)!
My husband Scott is addicted! He gets so excited when he sees a fresh jar of the chunky salsa in the refrigerator.
*Hint- If you have extra time you can roast and peel the Jalapeño peppers and the red bell pepper. This adds another flavor profile that is a little smokey and delicious!
This is how to make Homemade No-Cook Chunky Salsa
Store in an airtight container and refrigerate overnight to let the spices absorb. If you can’t wait….dig in! It is tasty immediately too!
*Serve with chips
*As a topper for grilled chicken
*On a toasted baguette for a Mexican style bruschetta
*Use in chili
*On scrambled eggs
*As a topper on chicken
*On an omelet
Get creative and let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments below. Please let me know if you used it in a dish that wasn’t mentioned above. Thanks!
See where I used Homemade No-Cook Chunky Salsa @
10 Toppers For The New Smoked Gouda Triscuts
Click here to see where this post parties!
Thanks for reading!
Happy Blogging !
- 3-4 medium tomatoes of any variety, chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper (or any other color), finely chopped, seeds removed
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers, finely chopped with seeds left in
- To lower the spice level, you can remove seeds and membranes and use 1 jalapeño
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced (we love garlic!)
- 1 lime, halved for juicing
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Chop all the vegetables and mince the garlic.
- Place chopped vegetables in a large bowl.
- Squeeze the juice from both halves of the lime over the vegetables.
- Mix the spices in a small bowl.
- Add the spices to the vegetable mixture and mix well.
- Place the Chunky Salsa in an airtight container of your choice.
- Refrigerate overnight to let the spices soak in.
- If you can't wait, Dig in! It is delicious either way.
- Use as a chip dip, a topper for any Mexican dish, on an omelet or in chili! Get creative the possibilities are endless!